While people may be making New Year’s resolutions, choosing words and intentions for 2015, starting money challenge or beginning fitness journeys, I tend to begin each year excited for a fresh new Reading Challenge. Does that make me a big nerd? I’m okay with that. I love to read and I love a good challenge.
The internet is full of reading lists that you can attempt, but I’m going to challenge you to complete this one. Join the forum and track your progress with the rest of us. Every time you finish a book, let us know. Need an idea for a book? See what everyone else is reading! There are 26 books to complete this challenge – that’s one every two weeks.
Think you can do it?
Ready… Set… READ!
1. A book published the year you were born.
2. A book of fiction.
3. A book of nonfiction.
4. A book of short stories.
5. A chapter book read to your child/ren and/or fur/feather/fin babies.
6. A book of short stories.
7. A book you read (or should have read) in your teens:
8. A Young Adult book.
9. A book written by a celebrity (not a celebrity for their writing!).
10. A book by someone who is deceased.
11. A book with more than 500 words.
12. An instruction manual.
13. A book-turned-movie/TV show.
14. An award-winning book.
15. A book by a Canadian author.
16. A book by a female author.
17. A book about a mother.
18. A book in a genre you would never choose to read.
19. The second book in a series.
20. A book your partner/friend recommends.
21. A book your boss recommends.
22. A book with publications in multiple languages (more than just English and French).
23. A book where a character gives birth.
24. A book that involves sports.
25. A book from another LondonMoms booklist.
26. Your favourite children’s book.